I hope you are reading and reacting to the near-daily news about the miracle of Vitamin D on the body.
An incredible report hit my desk about the overwhelming body of science supporting vitamin D supplements for protection against the development of type-1 diabetes. Diabetes is worse than AIDS as a worldwide epidemic and it is getting worse by the second because of junk food, sugar-laden foods and drinks, with zero exercise.
But the miracle Vitamin, D-3 contains Mother Nature’s answer to this plague.
The Diabetes plague affects our young children most of all.
According to data from five observational studies, infants who received vitamin D supplements were 29 per cent less likely to develop type-1 diabetes than non-supplemented infants, reports the review in the Archives of Disease in Childhood.
“However, for concrete conclusions to be reached, adequately powered, randomized controlled trials with long periods of follow-up would be required to establish causality and the best formulation, dose, duration and period of supplementation,”cautioned Christos Zipitis from the NHS Foundation Trust (Stockport) and Anthony Akobeng from the Central Manchester and Manchester Children’s University Hospitals.
Type-1 diabetes occurs when people are not able to produce any insulin after the cells in the pancreas have been damaged, thought to be an autoimmune response. The disease is most common among people of European descent, with around two million Europeans and North Americans affected.
The incidence of the disease is on the rise at about three per cent per year, according to Zipitis and Akobeng. The number of new cases is estimated to rise 40 percent between 2000 and 2010. Yes, 40% rise!!
The meta-analysis study used data from five observational studies, including four case-control studies and one cohort study. In total, data was available for 6455 infants, of which 1429 were cases and 5026 controls. No randomized controlled trials were found in the literature, and the conclusions were drawn only from the five observational studies.
In addition to an approximate 30 per cent reduction in the risk of developing type-1 diabetes, Zipitis and Akobeng also noted “some evidence of a dose-response effect, with those using higher amounts of vitamin D being at lower risk of developing type 1 diabetes.”
They also noted that timing of the supplementation could also be a factor in the type-1 diabetes risk, with supplementation of vitamin D between the ages of seven and 12 months at a 45 per cent lower risk, compared to infants supplemented between 0 and six months of age.
Despite the promising results, Zipitis and Akobeng called for randomized controlled trials to further explore the potential benefits of vitamin D supplementation.
The mechanism by which vitamin D supplementation may protect against the development of the disease is unclear, but evidence does exist that vitamin D may play a role in the immune system. There are also suggestions that vitamin D vitamin may prevent dysfunction in beta-cells (cells in the pancreas) caused by a class of proteins called cytokines. The pancreas is crucial to controlling Diabetes and overall Blood Glucose Tolerance. D-3 appears to have an incredible effect on the pancreas and getting it into the body on a daily basis is just overwhelmingly clear.
Omega-3 Benefits – use this too!
In September 2007, researchers from the University of Colorado at Denver reported that an increased intake of Omega-3 fatty acids may reduce a child’s risk of developing type-1 diabetes by 55 percent. Can you believe it? 55%!!
The study, published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, looked at 1770 children at high risk of developing type-1 diabetes.
Interestingly, a newly established clinical trial, called “The Nutritional Intervention for the Prevention of Type 1 Diabetes,” is testing if dietary supplementation with anti-inflammatory doses of DHA during pregnancy and infancy could inhibit early islet inflammatory events key to the development of type-1 diabetes.
Source: Archives of Disease in Childhood (British Medical Journal)
Authors: C.S. Zipitis and A.K. Akobeng
The world’s most powerful Vitamin D-3 Formula Our Vitamin D-3 Formula uses the most powerful form of Vitamin D available, the ultra powerful “D-3” version.
And each gelcap contains a massive 1000 iu’s of disease fighting Vitamin D-3. I strongly recommend everyone take 3 gelcaps a day for the massive benefits this dosage can trigger.
As a bottle contains 180 gelcaps, this dosage level meansyou get two month’s supply for just pennies a day!
More Tips and Suggestions:
- Eliminate all soft drinks, diet sodas and anything with high-fructose Corn Syrup. These all contribute to early-onset Diabetes.
- Ask McDonald’s why they don’t change their name to “McDiabetes”? This is a major reason why we now have diabetes killing our children!
- Reduce, or better yet, eliminate all milk,cheese, ice cream and butter. Switch to soy or the Rice Dream version. Dairy causes Diabetes. And a lot more than that!
- No more sugar, no more candy, no sweets. Get natural versions from your health food store.
- To make a very powerful, natural Anti Diabetes Smoothie, I drink it myself every day.
- Keep your Magnesium levels up, this increases “Insulin Sensitivity”, our Life Transfusion Liquid Mineral Complex has everything you need in just one teaspoon a day.
- Exercise is vital, even for a toddler. Walk as often as you can, exercise brings down blood sugar levels amazingly fast. Light weights also suck the sugar out of the blood for muscle fuel. You can do this watching TV.
- Add a teaspoon of common cinnamon powder to every drink you take, the cinnamon controls the blood sugar very effectively.
- If suffering from obesity along with Diabetes, get our new Dia-Besity Formula. It’s two formulas in one and works wonders.
As always, here’s to your Contagious Health!