This is URGENT, BREAKING NEWS.
A major research report regarding Breast Cancer has just hit my desk from the journal of Cancer Prevention Research.
Every woman in the world needs to read this vitally important piece of news. It is all about a very special natural compound I have been advocating for years and years called Indole-3-Carbinol.
As a woman, if you are not already taking this formula, read every word of this research study to find out why it is vital that you do.
And it is just as important for men too.
An article just published in the journal Cancer Prevention Research clarifies the role of Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C), a compound metabolized from broccoli and brussel sprouts, in preventing several types of cancer.
Here’s a summary of the report published June 29, 2010.
A Novel Mechanism of Indole-3-Carbinol Effects on Breast Carcinogenesis Involves Induction of Cdc25A Degradation
Authors: Yongsheng Wu, Xiaoling Feng, Yucui Jin, Zhaojia Wu, William Hankey, Carolyn Paisie, Lei Li, Fengjuan Liu, Sanford H. Barsky, Weiwei Zhang, Ramesh Ganju and Xianghong Zou
Researchers at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute (OSUCCC-James) describe the results of experiments with three human breast cancer cell lines which determined that I3C destroys “Cdc25A”, a molecule essential for cell division and proliferation.
“Cdc25A is present at abnormally high levels in about half of breast cancer cases, and it is associated with a poor prognosis,” explained lead researcher Xianghong Zou, who is an assistant professor of pathology at the Ohio State University Medical Center and a member of the OSUCCC-James Molecular Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention program.
Dr Zou added that “Cdc25A” is also increased in prostate, liver, esophagus, endometrial and colon cancer, in non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and in Alzheimer’s and other diseases.
“For this reason, a number of anti-Cdc25 agents have been identified, but they have not been successful for cancer prevention or treatment due to concerns about their safety or efficacy,” he noted.
In another experiment, Dr Zou’s team tested the effect of oral Indole-3 Carbinol (I3C) supplementation in mice implanted with breast cancer cells and found a 65 percent average reduction in tumor size.
(My bold emphasis. Did you catch that? A 65 percent reduction in tumor size! If a drug were to achieve a 65% reduction, big pharma would be claiming they’ve cured cancer! Dr G.)
In tumors that had a mutation that conferred resistance to I3C-induced degradation of Cdc25A, the effects of I3C were reduced.
“Indole-3 Carbinol (I3C) can have striking effects on cancer cells, and a better understanding of this mechanism may lead to the use of this dietary supplement as an effective and safe strategy for treating a variety of cancers and other human diseases associated with the over expression of Cdc25A,” Dr Zou concluded.
Breast Cancer CAN Be Beaten
As yet, there is no proven way to prevent breast cancer, but the best and most comprehensive scientific evidence so far, overwhelmingly supports plant-based phytochemicals such as I3C (Meng et al. 2000).
I3C was found to be superior to 80 other compounds, including the leading Breast Cancer chemotherapy drug “Tamoxifen”, for anticancer potential.
Indoles, which down-regulate estrogen receptors, have been proposed as promising agents in the treatment and prevention of cancer and autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and lupus.
Replacing all the chemically altered estrogen drugs, such as Tamoxifen, with a new generation of chemically altered indole drugs that fit in the aryl-hydrocarbon (Ah) receptor and regulate estrogen indirectly may prove beneficial to cancer patients (Bitonti et al. 1999). An I3C tetrameric derivative (chemically derived) is currently a novel lead inhibitor of breast cancer cell growth, considered a new, promising therapeutic agent for both ER+ and ER- breast cancer (Brandi et al. 2003).
A summary of studies shows that Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C) can:
- Stop human cancer cells from growing (54-61%) and provoke the cells to self-destruct (apoptosis) (Telang et al. 1997)
- Inhibit human breast cancer cells (MCF7) from growing by as much as 90% in vitro (Ricci et al. 1999)
- Inhibit the growth of estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer cells by 90%, compared to Tamoxifen’s 60%, by stopping the cell cycle (Cover et al. 1999)
- Prevent chemically induced breast cancer in rodents by 70-96% and prevent other types of cancer, including aflatoxin-induced liver cancer, leukemia, and colon cancer (Grubbs et al. 1995)
- Inhibit free radicals, particularly those that cause the oxidation of fat (Shertzer et al. 1988)
- Stop the synthesis of DNA by about 50% in estrogen-receptor-negative cells, whereas Tamoxifen had no significant effect (Cover et al.1998)
- Restore p21 and other proteins that act as checkpoints during the synthesis of a new cancer cell. Tamoxifen has no effect on p21 (Cover et al. 1998)
- Virtually eliminate DNA damage and cancer prior to exposure to cancer-causing chemicals (in animals fed I3C)
Source: Life Extension Foundation Magazine, Oct. 1999
My Breast Cancer Prevention & Recovery Program
I’ve been passionately advocating the use of Indole-3-Carbinol for years and always include it as part of an overall cancer prevention and recovery diet and detoxification protocol.
Indole-3-Carbinol is a massively concentrated pharmaceutical grade compound, made up of phyto-elements found in all cruciferous vegetables such as Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Brussel Sprouts, Caulifower and Leeks, that triggers cancer cells to commit programmed death or cellular suicide. In medical-speak, this is called “apoptosis”.
If you have not seen Suzanne Pierce’s story of recovery from breast cancer, I urge you take a few minutes, site back and listen and watch as Suzanne’s shares her own story of recovery after being diagnosed with breast cancer and nearly being killed from the surgery and subsequent chemotherapy.
|Special Offer for Preferred Members:
Indole 3-Carbinol is a front-line defense formula for Breast Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Lymphoma, Alzheimer’s and Lupus. If you, or anyone you know, is at risk for these conditions, I recommend adding this extraordinary formula to your regimen.
While a little is good, a lot is not necessarily better. As with certain antioxidants that can actually promote oxidation at high levels, too much I3C can have the opposite effect of what you want. For a 120 lb. woman, take no more than 4 capsules daily (400 mg/day.)
Also note that pregnant women should not take I3C, due to its modulation of estrogen. The reported aversion to cruciferous vegetables by pregnant women may be associated with their ability to change estrogen metabolism.
Retail priced $45.95 for 120 capsule bottle.
Remember to login with your Preferred Member profile for the special pricing.
Further Tips & Suggestions:
- Totally eliminate all dairy, especially cheese. A hormone in dairy is the triggering fuel for cancer. Get a copy of Jane Plant’s extraordinary textbook “The No-Dairy Breast Cancer Prevention Program” and find out why.
- Go as “raw” in your diet as you can. Fill your body with living food, not dead pigs (bacon) and cows (burgers).
- Juice carrots, beets, cabbage twice a day and add a tablespoon of Barlean’s Flax Seed Oil.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil fights breast cancer. FIGO, the International Federation of Gynecologists and Obstetrics released the results of a study conducted in Spain yesterday on this very topic. (Get the best organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Apollo Olive Oil.)
- Have a bowl of my Soothing Seaweed Soup and Miracle Potassium Broth every day. Alternate these for lunch and dinner. Download the recipes for all of my soups and special “Meals that Heal” from the Recipes category on our website.
- Avoid mammograms, sonograms are better.
- For additional cancer-fighting action add our Super Curcumin C3 Complex (we’ve written numerous articles about the special actions of curcuminoids from the turmeric root,) Vitamin D3+K2, TCM-c Chinese Medicinal Mushroom formula and Organic Germanium.
“Look after yourself because no one else but God will.”
Dr. Wayne Garland