Soothing and relaxing, the Healing Mud draws out impurities from your body, deodorizes, and takes away the pain in moments while nourishing the tissues, muscles, and joints.
With many of the healing properties of a seaside spa, this formula is perfect for the day after a strenuous workout, or for any time you need a healing time-out. You can bathe in it to relieve soreness and aching joints and muscles, or massage into the skin for greater therapeutic effect.
For those suffering from chronic back pain, hip replacement trauma and arthritic pain and inflammation, this formula will work wonders.
The ingredients are easy to find and the mud is simple to make.
2 cups Borax
3 cups Epsom salts
1 cup coarse sea salt
½ cup baking soda
½ cup Bentonite white clay
1 cup dried lavender
20 drops lavender essential oil
1. In a large bowl, mix together the borax, salts, baking soda and clay. Then mix in the dried lavender, stirring with a wire whisk.
2. Scent the mixture with the oil, mixing well with the whisk. Cover the bowl with a damp towel and leave overnight to fix the scent into the ingredients.
3. In the morning, thoroughly mix again for 3-5 minutes and package in big mason jars, zip-seal bags or muslin bags.
4. Add ½ cup of the mixture to a tubful of hot, hot, filtered water.
5. Give the Healing Mud to a good therapeutic masseuse and have him or her massage it into the skin of the afflicted areas and leave on for 15 minutes, then hop into a bath of the mixture.
You’re better already!