The most dangerous thing about shaving isn’t the knicks and cuts you get periodically – it’s the toxic and very dangerous cheap chemical ingredients that skin care manufacturers put on the store shelves for your consumption.
Shaving creams are dangerous because many of the ingredients are known carcinogens!
Blades are advertised constantly, but rarely do companies advertise shaving creams. If they DO advertise, do they ever tell you what is IN their shaving cream? No, not hardly.
We are committed to providing you with products that are healthy and healing for your entire body – and that includes your skin.
So today we want to ask you this question:
How TOXIC is YOUR shave cream?
Most shaving creams have ingredients that have been proven to be toxic to humans.
- Propylene Glycol is a moisturizer similar to glycerin, but Propyene Glycol is often added to antifreeze and brake fluid.
- Triethanolamine (TEA) is known as an emulsifying agent, helping to keep the oil and water from separating. TEA has become quite controversial as an ingredient in the entire cosmetic industry because , not only can it be very irritating to our skin, TEA has been found to be contaminated with nitrosamines, commonly linked to cancer.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) are two more controversial shave cream ingredients. They both create great lather, but Lauryl mimics estrogen, problematic for women, and Laureth hosts a known carcinogen called Dioxane.
- When you hear Mineral Oil – you probably are thinking moisturizer – but Mineral Oil is something you NEVER want to put on your skin – or anywhere on your body! Mineral Oil is a byproduct of Petroleum. Yes, Mineral Oil is similar to gasoline.
- Triclosan is a chemical antibacterial agent, bad for septic and natural water systems.
- Phthalates makes shaving cream smooth, but research links it to neuro-toxicity and neuro-developmental disorders, as well as to asthma and allergies.
- Isobutane is used as a propellant and has been linked to cancer in lab tests.
- Methylparaben is used as a preservative, mimics estrogen (see Sodium Lauryl Sulphate above) and has been linked to tumor growth.
Everyday we expose ourselves to dangerous, toxic chemicals. Some are known to contain cancer causing agents, contribute to hormone imbalance, headaches, allergies, depression, chronic fatigue, learning disabilities, hyperactivity and irritability.
Did you know?
- More than 125 ingredients in skin care products are suspected of causing cancer
- 20 ingredients are known to affect the nervous system
- 25 ingredients are connected to birth defects
Our skin is the largest and most porous organ of our body. Whatever we apply to our skin is absorbed. The FDA doesn’t regulate cosmetics, so skin care and personal care companies can add pretty much whatever they want to their products – preservatives, chemicals, fillers, dyes, fragrances, parabens and other assorted toxic substances – without any accountability.
Why should we seek out alternatives to cheap, commercially-produced body care products?
Because it is vitally important to reduce exposure to chemicals and toxic substances.
In May 2010, the President’s Cancer Panel released a landmark report titled, Reducing Environment Cancer Risk – What We Can Do Now, linking exposure to chemicals in our environment as the primary cause of cancer. I highly recommend you take a moment to read Nicholas Kristof’s Op-Ed article in the NY Times and download your copy of the report.
Formulated with Gymnema Sylvestre, a mysterious Indian herb commonly known as the “miracle fruit”, is also known to inhibit hair follicle activity. Crave Your Shave does double duty – giving you the closest, best shave you’ve ever had, while keeping hair growth in check.
Even better, Crave Your Shave leaves your skin baby soft and touchable! The Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil is an ideal moisturizer, all-natural and effective. Crave Your Shave even reduces protein loss the next time your hair grows back – so even new hair growth is healthier!
Look forward to your next shave and get your body in Skinny Dip condition with Crave Your Shave. Guaranteed to be 100% natural, Paraben and chemical free of any toxins – only the quality ingredients you’ve come to expect from us.
|Introducing Crave Your Shave
100% natural Crave Your Shave is formulated to give you the closest, most comfortable shave, while providing long lasting smoothness from Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil and additional natural skin soothing extracts that condition your skin and help protect against razor burn and irritation.
Ideal for sensitive or chronically dry skin. Consistent use may allow you to shave less often and reduce hairiness.
Whether you are shaving your face, your legs or anywhere in between, you’re gonna Crave Your Shave!
Serving Size: Pea sized portion – lathers into MUCH more! So use sparingly.
Retail priced at $19.95
Introductory Offer: SAVE additional 10% through August 22nd.
Further Tips & Suggestions
- Shave the way Grandpa used to shave – just out of the shower when skin and hair are soft and pores are open. A small dab of Crave Your Shave goes a LONG way. Let it soak in for a moment, allowing the essential moisiturizing ingredients to penetrate deeply into your skin.
- Get rid of your cheap, plastic disposable razors! They cost way too much and wreck havoc on your skin. Your razor needs to be heavy enough so you never have to apply much pressure to get the cleanest, closest shave possible. (Too much pressure, removes the top layer of your skin along with the hair, causing razor burn, ingrown hairs and pain.)
- Switch to a double-edge, adjustable safety razor with some weight to it. Replacement blades are not only recyclable and cheap, they won’t damage your skin. Replace your blade once a week.
- Never apply alcohol-based after shave! Pamper your skin instead with a few drops of Delight your Skin and your face will begin to look years younger after only a few days of use.
Here’s to your healthy, Skinny Dip Skin!
Wayne Garland and Connie Albright