This is a delicious soup rich in Glutathione, the master antioxidant.
Makes 4 servings
2 pounds green asparagus
1 large onion, diced
2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
Salt, to taste
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
5-6 cups vegetable broth
1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Wash and then trim the hard ends off the asparagus and discard. Cut the asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
2. In a heavy pot over medium-low heat, sauté the onion in the margarine until translucent.
3. Add the asparagus, salt, and cayenne pepper and cook approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add 5 cups of vegetable broth and simmer for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Pour half the soup into a blender, add 1/8 cup soy milk, and blend until smooth. (Add the remaining broth if a thinner consistency is desired.)
6. Pour into a bowl and set aside, then blend the remaining soup and soy milk.
7. Pour all the soup back into the pot over low heat.
8. Add lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
“Many antioxidants work for one thing, or two things, or three things. Glutathione works for everything.“
Robert H. Keller, MD, MS, FACP, AAHIVS
Glutathione is a blockbuster amino acid and is the BEST defense against cellular damage, aging and a host of diseases.
This single nutrient is able to clean your body, your lungs and furiously defend your body against contaminants and chemical assaults.
Glutathione aids our bodies in cleaning out the waste by:
working in the liver as a detoxifier
working in the spleen to strengthen immunity
shuttling needed protein between cells
alerting the immune system against invaders
Without this cleansing, every cell in your body would die prematurely from its own waste matter.
Isn’t that a lovely thought?
The more I learn about this wonder nutrient, the more I’m convinced it truly is a secret savior.
Glutathione Fights Chronic Illness
Virtually everyone who is sick or suffers from a chronic disease is deficient in Glutathione. Conditions like:
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
and many more are all associated with decreased levels of Glutathione.
Glutathione has been part of thousands and thousands of studies. Dr. Oz considers Glutathione the “Super Hero” of Antioxidants. Listen to America’s most famous superstar doctor’s rave review of Glutathione.
(Click on the picture to start the video in a new window.)