Pneumonia is No Laughing Matter
Pneumonia was on everyone’s mind last week when Hillary Clinton abruptly left a ceremony honoring the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. As any politician would, she downplayed the situation, saying she was dehydrated and admitted she did have a mild case of Walking Pneumonia.
Well, let me tell you, Pneumonia, is no laughing matter!
Pneumonia is an infection where the lungs fill with fluid, making breathing difficult. In the US, pneumonia is the most common cause of hospital admissions after childbirths. About 1 million adults in the US are hospitalized with pneumonia every year, and about 50,000 die from it.*
Pneumonia can be caused by bacterial or viral infections. Antibiotics are prescribed for bacterial causes of pneumonia, but are becoming less effective, as antibiotic resistance increases due to overuse. For viral causes, antibiotics are completely ineffective!
The best way to beat pneumonia is not to get it in the first place! How? By adopting daily practices that develop and support a brutally strong immune system that can ward off bacteria and viruses, before they have a chance to take hold.
If you happen to get pneumonia, or know someone who does, follow these 10 easy steps to beat it!
*Source: Top 20 Pneumonia Facts – 2015, American Thoracic Society
10 “Pneu” Ways to Beat Pneumonia
I’ve said it countless times – there is no Magic Bullet to beat any disease. It takes a total program to address and overcome the condition.
Many years ago, we developed our Winter Wellness Program, initially in response to the Swine Flu epidemic. We take pride in the fact that our customers who followed our Program, we did not get one single report of Swine Flu, so we updated the program to address the onslaught of colds and flu virus that start making the rounds every fall.
My 10 Steps for Pneumonia are pure gold in it’s value. Print it out, follow it and not only will pneumonia not stand a chance, you can kiss the common cold and flu goodbye too!
1. Drink more water. Our body composition is 74% water. Fluid and electrolyte balance is a major function of homeostasis (balance), which is our body’s ability to maintain its internal environment as it adjusts to challenges and stress.
Tip: Drink hot lemon water with a slice of ginger root throughout the day.
2. Eat as much curry as you can. Curry contains curcumin from the Turmeric root, a potent anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory compound. For added boost, get our Super Curcumin C3 Complex, a special, patented curcuminoid extract that is revered for its high bio-availability.
3. Take our Super AKG Shark Liver Oil gel caps, containing the secret of the shark’s profound immune defense system. Take 1 daily for overall immunity, up to 9 daily in times of need.
4. Eat fermented foods like Kimchi, Sauerkraut and Kombucha containing healthy bacteria called probiotics. Avoid dairy-based yogurts, as the probiotic benefit is minimal and dairy worsens the problem by creating mucous in the lungs and bronchial tracts. For a powerful probiotic boost, get our Pro-Biotic Max formula with 25 Billion live probiotics per capsule.
5. Load up on Vitamin C. Kids will like Emergen-C packets, or purchase 1,000mg vitamin C tablets at your grocery store. Take 1 packet or tablet several times daily, to bowel tolerance.
6. Have an Epsom Salts bath. Make up a very hot, pure water bath and add 1/4 cup of Life Transfusion Liquid Minerals, a handful of Epsom Salts and 1 Tbsp Eucalyptus Oil or Vicks Vapor Rub and soak for 30 minutes. Repeat up to 4 times daily.
7. Have an Infrared sauna or steambath and breathe deeply. This is an amazing detoxification for the lymph system.
8. Take a nap! When fighting pneumonia (or any immunity condition,) your body needs rest. Let go of the need to power through it and push your body. Allow yourself to rest by taking several naps a day.
9. Eat more watermelon and tomatoes, as both contain a potent carotenoid called lycopene. With tomatoes, use fresh, cooked tomatoes. The heating increases the body’s uptake of lycopene.
10. Get 20 minutes of sunshine every day to stimulate vitamin D production. Our Ultra D3 formula is the most potent available on the market!